On August 3, 2021, I made the decision that I am going to become debt free and pay off all of my student loans, car note, and back NY state taxes for good!
Student loans and debt have really stood in the way of me achieving certain milestones in my life. I refuse to allow this to continue to happen and I hope to inspire other people to do a debt free journey too.
I am not some financial guru or a financial advisor. I am just a single woman who is sick of being in debt and not living the life I want.
If you are sick of being in debt too, join in on the debt free journey with me.
I have a new series on my YouTube channel called “My Debt Free Journey in LA.” Check it out!
While I really would like to make vlog lifestyle videos, my debt is causing me a lot of anxiety that is sucking all the energy and creativity out of me.
Plus, I am still recovering from burnout, which I talked about in this burnout recovery video. Therefor, from now on I am only going to document my journey and make videos about how I am paying off my student loans.
Below are 10 reasons why you should start a debt free journey TODAY.
Let’s do this and finally live the life we want free of the burden of debt.
1. Your money will be YOURS to keep that will give you options like the freedom to travel, retire early, or quit your job.
2. You become in control of your finances instead of your finances controlling you.
3. You won’t constantly be under financial stress that affects your emotional, mental, and physical health, as well as your relationships.
4. You can have money to save and max out your retirement.
5. Be able to finally build generational wealth for you and your family
6. Re-build your credit and raise your credit score.
7. Have a positive net worth that you can massively grow.
8. Budgeting will become super easy.
9. Greatly improve your financial security in an event of a job loss, natural disaster, disability, or sickness.
10. Gives you the ability to live life on your own terms without depending on an employer, the government, or another person for your livelihood.
If you liked this blog post, be sure to like, share, and subscribe! Join the debt free list here and receive a simple debt budget tracker.